Friends have been asking a load of questions about how VidAngel sell back works. Everyone who gets it LOVES it because you can save $200 per year compared to the old VidAngel on streaming filtered movies. But it takes a little education to understand.
For us to legally offer filtered movies, you must own the movie while filtering it. To make this as affordable and user-friendly as possible, we have created an instant “Sell-Back” option to buy the movie back from you and put the credit into your VidAngel account. No hassle, no fuss, just enjoy your movie, sell it back, and only pay $2.00 for your HD movie.
We made this video that will help you learn how it works in just a minute and a half:
Quick Overview: (using a $20 movie)
- BUY THE MOVIE – Pay the retail price of $20. (initial credit card payment)
- WATCH FOR $2.00 – $2.00 (per day for HD movies) is deducted from the $20 credit. $1.00 per day for SD or Television shows.
- SELL THE MOVIE – When finished, “Sell it Back” for $18.00 of instant credit to your VidAngel account for your next purchase.
When you’re ready for the next movie, the credit already in your VidAngel account will automatically be applied to your purchase. Continue to buy and sell movies with account credit and pay only $2.00 per HD movie. If you always buy and sellback within 24 hours, then all future credit card transactions will be the $2.00 watch price.
Other Frequently Asked Questions:
What if I want to keep my movie?
Here’s how it works for HD:
Sell back the movie within 24 hours it’s $2, up to 48 hours is $4
up to 72 hours is $6, etc
Until you reach the purchase price. At which point you own the movie. Once you own it, it will always be in your VidAngel vault to enjoy whenever you would like. If you decide you have kept your purchased movie long enough and don’t want to watch it anymore – you also have the option to sell it back in exchange for a Free Movie Night.
Can I ever use all my credit?
Absolutely. You can keep buying and selling movies or Television episodes. Also, if you decide to keep a movie, it will use up your credit. However, if you always sell back for credit, then you will always have more credit to use next time.
Why can’t I just rent movies?
It is not legal for VidAngel to rent movies to you.
Does my Credit ever expire?
NO – Your credit never expires. You can take as long as you like to spend it, or binge watch your favorite TV show and use it all in one weekend.
Why don’t you automatically refund my credit card?
Great Question! We have worked hard to find the best and most cost-effective option for our customers to follow the legal law of owning their movie while filtering it. Most of our customers watch a new movie every weekend. The refund process from our credit card company takes 7-10 days. Meaning, you could be spending even more than ever because you would have your original purchase pending a refund, and then a new charge for the next movie. We don’t want you double charged and waiting for refunds. The refund method was simply not a practical option for 99% of our customers. Not to mention if we refunded every single transaction we ever received, our credit card company would eventually drop our account – and if that happened you couldn’t enjoy your fantastic filtered movies.
Can I ever turn my credits back into cash?
Of course! If you decide you have finished using VidAngel you can cash-out your remaining credits. It takes 7-10 business days to receive the funds back to your card, so you don’t want to choose this unless you know you’re done watching movies with VidAngel. (Any taxes, gifted credit, or promotional credit are not eligible for cash-out)
If you still have questions, or want to the Long Version that includes “How To” instructions, here you go:
Super Thorough step by step guide with instructions:
- Find the movie you would like to watch and select it.
- Click “Buy Now” and choose to store the DVD or Blu-ray in your VidAngel Vault and continue.
- Select your HD or SD option and enter your credit card information.
- Voila! You can now enjoy your movie!
- Once you’re finished, you can quickly sell your movie back, and we will instantly apply your movie credit to your VidAngel account.
- For your convenience, there are four different ways to do this:
- The easiest option, is to check the Auto-Sellback box when you purchase your movie. It will sell it back as soon as your movie ends, and you don’t even need to lift a finger.
- At any time during the movie you have a sell back icon in the top left corner of your movie screen.
- Once your movie ends – A sell-back box pops up on your screen reminding you to sell back.
- At any time, you can select the title in your “My Movies” dashboard to sell it back or confirm a sell-back if you are unsure: http://www.vidangel.com/myvids/
- Lastly, should you forget to sell back a movie, you will receive sell-back reminder emails from us that contain a link to sell back your purchase.
- Once you have sold your movie back, you will see your VidAngel credit in your account.
- This credit will automatically apply to your next purchase, so no need to worry about forgetting to use it.
- You can view all your transactions in My Purchases: http://www.vidangel.com/myvids/
We know this explanation might be a bit long winded, but we want to be sure to answer every single question you have, so you are 100% comfortable using our service.
Thank you for using VidAngel!